Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Let's Go Surfing Now!

This stripe was the inspiration for one of my recent projects. My cousin Courtney asked me to paint it as a shower gift for a friend of hers. Not knowing if was a girl or boy - but that they were going for a beach theme - I designed this surf picture using the colors from the fabric.

My favorite part is the little boat, which I added at the last minute for a little punch!


I have been super busy with work but had 2 whole days to myself this weekend which I used to clean, paint and organize. Don't get me wrong, I love the Husband, but it was so nice to have some time to myself. I slept in, ate whatever I wanted and didn't shower for 2 days. Gross I know, but if you know me at all you know that I had unnecessary showers. And since I didn't leave the house for 2 days I didn't think it was necessary. I just hate drying my naturally curlyish hair when I don't have to! I will be sharing the fruits of my painting labor soon, promise!

No comments: