Thursday, November 26, 2009

Give Thanks

I'm glad leggings are in style this year because that is what I should probably be wearing to prepare for the feast this afternoon. No matter what I tell myself, I always eat too much. I am not a huge fan of turkey or dressing, but the green beans, potato dishes and desserts get me every time. I have very little self control.

As much as a dread the after-meal full feeling, I am very thankful for the great food and the family that I have to enjoy it with. I have been so caught up in my busy life these past few weeks that I think I may have forgotten how lucky I am. Its easy to do - get stressed and feel upset about little things. But as The Husband reminded me this week we have such a great life, home and family. In an effort to remind myself of how grateful I am I thought I would share some of the things I am thankful for this year:
  • Both my husband and I have jobs that we enjoy very much
  • We have a wonderful home that might not always be clean or perfectly decorated but it is warm, safe and comfortable
  • I have wonderful parents and great in-laws that both love me very much
  • Although they might be spread out all over the state, I have great friends that get to hear my voice every night at 5:30 while I sit in traffic
  • I am thankful for this great blog that so many of you seem to enjoy. I allows me to express my creative side and earn some extra money all in one!
  • And last but not least, I am so excited that my BFF Jessica is moving all the way from North Carolina to.....right here in Austin, TX with me! I can't wait to explore the city with her!

And, since the blog is supposed to be all about nursery decor, I thought I would share a room inspired by the rich Fall shades of orange and brown:


This mood board was put together by Little Apple Designs, a great company that can "virtually" design your room with your budget, complete with a shopping list.
I love the stripped wall paper, vintage mirror and rug. Though I am not sure where it all came from, I know the bookshelf is from Oeuf.

And just in case you were wondering, I am spending Thanksgiving with family in the great city of College Station, TX where the Aggies are preparing for the possibility of beating the hell out of tu. Gig 'Em Ags! Whoop!

No comments: