Monday, October 26, 2009

Pretty in Paisley

While in Dallas this weekend for a wedding, I got to hand deliver my latest work to some friends of our that are having a baby. Their colors are pink and green and they selected Trend Lab's Paisley Park bedding set:

With 3 pink walls and one green one (similar to the green in the room above), they wanted a pink canvas with the baby's name, Riley. I drew up a couple of designs and we settled on one with pink stripes and paisley accents. I present to you, Riley:

I changed up a few things while I was painting and am really happy with the results. The pink and green color combo is really growing on me.

As a gift the the expecting parents, I also painted another piece for them to coordinate with their name canvas. I was inspired by a picture my Mom tore out of her scrapbooking magazine and came up with this tree design:

Mom punched out some little circles from different pink and green papers and I used them as "leaves" on the tree. For fun I added some birds - shaped like a paisley - to tie into the bedding. They were super surprised and I think it was a big hit. I can't wait to share pictures of them hanging in the room!

No comments: