Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Special Delivery For Me

The Husband and I made a special trip on Saturday to the FedEx distribution center to pick up a package. Since it had to be signed for in person by me, and I am never home, off we went. I knew what the package was, my Grandma had told me, but I didn't expect it to be so big! Here is the big surprise in my kitchen:

Inside, it had 30 perfectly bubble-wrapped packages containing this:

My Grandmother's china! You have no idea how excited I was when she asked me if I wanted it. She and my Grandpa were moving into a new house and didn't quite have room for it. She knew how much I wanted it so she sent it to me.

The pattern is Spruce with platinum trim from Franciscan China. Only made from 1952-1953, it is a beautiful green blue color. I was surprised when she told me it was green (for whatever reason I was picturing a white with fancy pattern type) but it is gorgeous. And, since our house is green, rust and tan it matches my decor perfectly! I have 6 complete place settings and I have already logged onto EBAY to see what extra pieces I can find. So far its a serving platter and a creamer.

There is only one small setback. While I was admiring it, The Husband came over and asked "Where are you going to put that?" He has a good point. We don't have a dining room set. I currently use the dining room as my "art studio" so we don't have a table and hutch. Yet. I better get to work planning my imaginary dining room......I leave you with some "china inspired" decor:

1 comment:

Anny said...

They're so pretty though!