Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Birthday To Everyone

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE I KNOW!

I admit it, I am a bad friend - when it comes to birthdays. Let me explain. I am not really into my own birthday. I have friends that literally have a birthday week and expect celebrations for 7 straight days. Their significant others are expected to come up with a big present and worship them on their big day. I am just not that way. I don't even like people to know it is my birthday. So, consequantly, I am not really into anyone else's birthday either.

My good friends know that I will forget their birthday. Even with all the technology in the world I can never remember. Even my parents remind me of eachother's birthdays so I remember. Its horrible and I wish I could do a better job but I just can't seem to.

I do, however, consider myself a good friend in other ways. I am always there if you need me to talk, decorate for you, craft you up something or even help you move. Just don't expect a call on your birthday. I honestly think it is better to be a good friend 364 days out of the year than get a random email only on your birthday from someone that never calls you. At least that is what I tell myself.

I think the root of my problem stems from my childhood. Birthdays were recognized at my house, but never anything over the top. So I haven't decided if I am going to be the crazy mom that worships her child on their birthday. If I was, I would deffinately make them one of these bad boys:


I would love to give the artist credit, but I have had this picture saved on my computer for forever and can't remember where I got it. I think I would go generic, with no name, and hang it in the kitchen on every family member's birthday.

What special things do you do in your family to celebrate birthdays? I would love to hear about them. And what iPhone app is it that I can use to set birthday reminders in an attempt to improve my memory skills?

No comments: