Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Flea Market Fabulous

Is this not the most adorable bedding set you have ever seen? Called "Flea Market" by New Arrivals, it combines baby blue and red with a gorgeous crib skirt designed to look like vintage handkerchiefs. Here is a close up of the skirt:

I was so excited to get working on a set of paintings to go with it. The skirt was Mom's favorite part, so I designed an intricate bird and flower design to coordinate with it. I pulled out 2 different borders from the squares on the skirt and here they are:

By far one of my favorite designs so far. The design is more sophisticated and intricate than I usually do, so they were a challenge. I love the 20x20 canvas they are painted on. For whatever reason I love the square shape and these canvases are thicker than most so they look upscale. I can't wait to see them in the completed room!

No comments: