Friday, August 14, 2009

Closet Fit For A Star


Leave it to the designers on DesignDazzle.com to come up with another adorable idea! This one is especially near and dear to my heart as I have always been a big fan of dresses. As a child that is all I ever wanted to wear and I still hate pants. My mom likes to tell the story of my Kindergarten teacher sending a note home with me that read "please put Kimberly in pants, it is Winter and she is cold at recess." Little did she know I REFUSED to wear them and the best my Mom could do was to pursued me to wear tights.

So, if you have a little princess in your house, why not turn her closet into something special? If you have doors that slide or even open to the room they can often take up valuable space or block full access to the closet. Try removing the doors and hanging a tension rod in the space with some sheer drapes. Add a hook on either side of the closet to hold the curtains back when the closet is in use. Add some painted wooden letters to the top and you have a closet fit for a queen!

1 comment:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Cute idea! I'd love to do that, but I can't until my girls get a bit older because right now they love to take every item of clothing out of their dresser, which is in their closet, during nap time. So it's necessary to keep the closet door closed. And latched shut. Lol