Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sensational Site Sunday - etsy.com for Wall Decals

I am on a big time decorating kick at my house. Based on the blog you may think that my house is decorated to the top, but you are sadly mistaken. While most of the house is fully furnished with pieces that we picked out to last a lifetime, we have very little decorations and almost NOTHING on the walls.

So, the popularity of my monogram canvases got me thinking - why not do a monogram of my own in the bedroom. So I turned to Google to search for a decal I could stick on the wall. After attempting to paint some shapes on my highly textured walls in the bathroom I decided a decal would work better than me trying to paint it myself. I ran across the website Three Hip Chicks, they have a great selection of wall monograms and I think I am going to order this one in red:


The bed and the bedding in the picture are similar to ours and I think it will look great with my Tuscan inspired theme.

Anyway, back to the Sensational Site Sunday. I found the monogram decals I saw on websites to be a bit pricey so I also checked out Etsy.com. Although they didn't have what I was looking for they had a HUGE selection of nursery and kid's room decals for some really great prices. Here are some of my favorites:

From Byrdie Kids Graphics - only $48 for the set - custom orders welcome!

From Seller Janey Mac - available in multiple color choices

If you haven't visited Etsy.com yet you must check it out. They carry almost everything you can imagine - from jewelry to kids items to special shower gifts - and most of the prices are really great! Search "nursery wall decals" to see some of the selections I found. They even have some grown-up decals that would look great in the kitchen, over the fireplace or in the laundry room.

No comments: