Monday, February 25, 2013

Beach Body Here I Come

The Husband has been doing a mix of P90X and Insanity for the last month or so.  He is so motivated and disciplined, getting up at 4:45 am everyday to work out.  Sick.  And I can feel myself slipping, becoming more and more "skinny fat" as I age.  You know what skinny fat is.  Its those people that look good in clothes, but you are always surprised at their body when you see them in a swim suit.

So I took at step and ordered the Beach Body 10 minute trainer series.  Its a series of 10 minute videos, so if I have 10 minutes to work out, I can.  Or if I have 20 or 30, I can do a few of the videos.  And since I spent every night from about 8:45 to 9:15 surfing the web, checking Facebook, and generally not being productive, I decided I could use that time to work out.

I also did the unthinkable, I put on a bikini and made The Husband take a before photos of me.  The bikini was old, the lighting was bad, and the results looked terrible.  Skinny arms, no boobs (must get new bikini with more padding.......) and some slight back fat.  I am giving myself 6 weeks to see a difference.  And I am also going to do my best to cut out baked goods and desserts for the next 6 weeks.  Sugar is my weakness.

To help kick of my new fitness regime, I also did some cooking for the week, so I can eat healthy and clean and not be tempted to eat out, which saves me calories and cash.

Here is what I made:

For breakfast, a new favorite in my house, Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies.  I added raisins and a scoop of chocolate protein powder


For lunch I made turkey meatballs with spinach, quinoa and green beans.

For a snack I made a version of these No Bake Energy Bars, I added some brown rice cereal and substituted brown rice syrup for the honey



For H I made 2% Greek yogurt + unsweetened applesauce + cinnamon, and some mini turkey meatballs with left over turkey from my lunch.  She at them last night and didn't seem to notice the spinach in them!

Hopefully I can stick to my routine, and I see some positive results....I am easily de-motivated, but I know I need to be doing something.....and no, you can not see my before photos.  Unless of course I come out looking like this in the end, then I will gladly share those old photos and we can all laugh at how far I have come

PS - Do you think they sell swim suits that can make my boobs look like that?

No comments: