Thursday, April 12, 2012

Talk Derby To Me

The Husband and I are going to the Kentucky Derby again this year (woo hoo!) and I am in full on fashion mode planning our outfits.  The first time we went, I had no idea what to expect.  I wore a navy sundress and sandals, and of course a hat.  The Husband wore some seersucker pants, and at the last minute while we were there, added a tie.  Let me tell you, we were not dressed up enough!  It is much more fabulous-dresses-and-4-inch-heels than I was expecting.

So this year we are stepping it up.  Here are some of the things on my inspiration board:

My dress looks very similar to this one

Source: lulus.com via Emily on Pinterest


I am obsessed with having a fascinator, and would love something with peacock feathers

Source: etsy.com via Kimberly on Pinterest


I love hats, but have trouble seeing out from under them since I am so short



and since The Husband needs to look stylish as well, I have been working on his outfit, which may include a bowtie



Eeeeek!  I can't wait!

No comments: