Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week 2 Loves

 my attempt to capture the most wiggly baby on earth in her game day outfit obviously failed

Week 2 is complete and we survived Daddy going to the football game on Saturday.  Baby H and I stayed home and watch the game in our game day outfits.



Week 2 was all about organizing and catching up on things around the house while my Mom helped out with the baby.  I had tons of paperwork from the hospital, insurance forms to fill out and bills to pay.  I was able to get a lot done and it feels great.

Here are some of the things that really came in handy this week:


Ready Made Formula Bottles - I am breast feeding but while she was in the NICU she had to be bottle fed, so I had a supply of ready made bottles that I stole from the hospital.  I keep one in my diaper bag in case of emergencies.  And I used one during her newborn photo shoot to calm her down.  It was a life saver!  She seems to have no problem switching from bottle to breast so that is nice for me.



Medela Pump in Style - I have been pumping once a day to build up a milk supply in the freezer.  I have family coming in a few weeks from out of state and I would love to be able to have a glass of wine with them while they visit so I have to build up that milk supply.  The Pump in Style is pricey, but it works great and makes pumping super easy and fairly painless.



Carters Keep Me Dry Quilted Waterproof Pads - Somebody loves to pee on the changing table while her diaper is off.  That cute changing pad cover?  Useless.  I keep it covered with these waterproof pads, and I already ordered more since I was having to wash the 2 I got everyday.

My Newborn Photographer - Baby H had a newborn photo shoot at the house this week and I could not be happier with the pictures.  She looks adorable, even though she was no cooperating very well, and the photographer did an amazing job.  I get the photo CD in 2-3 weeks so I will be sure to share the pictures as well as info on the photographer.  She also took some professional shots of the nursery so I can't wait to see those.  I feel like my crappy ones don't do it justice!

No comments: