Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Easy Bunting Birth Announcement Sign



Before she arrived, I made this birth announcement sign to hang around the house.  I made one for a friend a few months ago as part of her shower decorations and she kept it hanging up to greet visitors when they arrived and I thought it was so cute.  I just finished putting Hadley's stats on the sign and it is hanging in our hallway.  I was going to hang it on the front door, but a nurse at the hospital mention not drawing the attention of crazies by putting birth announcement stuff outside the house so I decided inside was safer.

To make your own, use a simple canvas, paint 2 colors, add some ribbon and paper triangles with mod podge and use a paint pen to fill in the name and birth stats.  It would be a cute gift to surprise a friend at the hospital with as well!

No comments: