Friday, September 23, 2011

Easy Dessert: Banana Quesadillas


 
I am a pretty big fan of dessert.  But we try not to keep too many sweets in the house because both The Husband and I have little self control and we will just eat them all up.  But the other day I was watching Paul Dean and she made some banana quesadillas and I HAD TO HAVE THEM.  Luckily for me we had everything on hand to create them, so I made my own version like this:

  • Butter a tortilla and lay it butter side down in a pan
  • Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on one half (optional)
  • Sprinkle brown sugar on PB
  • Slice and lay bananas onto of PB and sugar
  • Sprinkle with more brown sugar and cinnamon, and add chocolate chips or any type of chocolate you have (I used chunks from a Hershey bar)
  • Fold over and sprinkle outside butter with a little more brown sugar
I had rather large tortillas on hand so I made mine a fold over.  It was much easier to flip and I highly suggest it.  This recipe is really flexible, so add in or subtract whatever you like!  Enjoy!

No comments: