Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 17 Recap

We are getting closer to finding out the sex of the baby, and I can't wait to be able to call "it" by name.  People say its bad to refer to the baby as "it", but I'll be honest, I think I will be able to bond better once I know what I can call it and what kind of things I can do with the little boy or girl.

I also may or may not be able to feel the baby kick.  Its hard to tell if I am just having stomach grumbles or if it is really kicking.  The Husband felt it too, but neither of us could tell.

We went to a wedding this past weekend and it was good to see all of our friends.  Some did not know we were having a baby, since I didn't make any type of Facebook announcement or anything.  It was probably the last even I will be able to wear a regular size dress too as well, I feel like any day now the baby bump is going to pop out.  I can still control my stomach muscules and suck in a bit, but once that goes the bump is going to be huge!

I had brunch with some girl friends this past weekend, and the baby got his/her first present from my sweet friend Ashley.  A little soft stuffed lion blanky.  So cute!  Oh, and on Mother's Day, The Husband surprised me with a sweet card.  I was really touched - we are 2 of the least emotional people you will ever know so I was surprised.  He signed it with our baby boy and girl names.  Major points for him!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I felt the same way until we found out we were having a boy. It definitely becomes so much more real and fun to start visioning this new little life! Can't wait to hear the when y'all find out!

Did y'all go to Lee's wedding? How was it? Logistically, it just didn't work out for us so my parents and grandparents came to our house.