Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Shabby Chic Ceiling Tile Art

You probably know by now that I am obsessed with ceiling tiles. I love to use them as wall decor, and I recently ordered some blank tiles for a client order, as well as to experiment with. One of those experiments was for my BF's little sister, who is doing a shabby chic purple and green room. Her walls are light purple, and she has all white furniture.

find her bedding here

I created this white tile with green and lavender accents to coordinate with her shabby chic theme. In the center, a letter A, for Audrey.


It measures 25x25" and is mounted on a painted pine box for easy hanging. If you are interested in my ceiling tile designs, email me at customnurseryart at gmail.com.

2 comments:

Solid Pine Furniture said...

Is the furniture in the photos made up of Pine tree?

Kathy said...

You did good with choosing purple - it goes well with the baby's room! I am an avid fan of the arts, particularly the ones that are in tile. Tampa, FL is currently into this sort of art - applying the custom tiles to bathrooms, kitchen, and like yours; regular rooms! It's so amazing that you can do a lot of things from a simple tile. St petersburg, FL produces a lot of plain white tiles for hobbyists and local artists to make amazing art out of them - chimes, coasters and frames! The possibilities are endless.