Friday, November 12, 2010

Subtle Cream & Beige Design

What do you hang in a nursery when your colors are cream and black, and you don't really have a theme? Ceiling tiles! I am really excited to share this next project with you guys. Most of you know by now that I am obsessed with ceiling tiles and I finally had a chance to order some to paint for a client!

The room has cream walls, and there wasn't really a theme going so Mom & Dad were having a hard time choosing wall decor. When they told me their house was a little vintage, I thought these would be perfect. They are a light tan, with black edges and a cream center. I finished them off with a glaze to "age" them a little bit. Here they are on my mantle:


A little closer, these are huge, 25x25" each:


And a detail shot, so you can see the aging up close:


Along with the tiles, I also created this 20x24" piece with a favorite quote:


Soft, simple and neutral, exactly what they wanted!

If you like the tile design, I have one more blank that is ready to be painted a color or 2 of your choice. Perfect for a family or living room as well. Price is $60 plus shipping.

No comments: