Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Q&A Session

Kentucky Derby, mint juleps are tasty!

I love getting emails from my readers, and today I thought I would take a second and answer a few of the questions that I get asked the most. I am really not that interesting at all, but if you are anything like me you are nosy so here goes:

What does your nursery look like?
The Husband and I don't have any kids, just guest rooms! But you can check out what looks I would love in my own personal nursery here.

Wondering what got my started doing nursery art when I don't have any children? I spend several years as a baby products buyer and I always loved to paint so I combined the two and came up with this blog.

What type of paint to you use?
I use acrylic craft paint from HL or Joann Fabric (it is right next to my house). I am not loyal to one brand (although some cover better than others) and I often mix my own custom colors using a few different shades.

Is this your full time job?
No, painting is just something I do on the side to have a creative outlet and earn some extra spending money. I have a full-time jobs that involves lots of computers so I like to do something that is more left-brained in my free time. My real job keeps me very busy (50 hours a week plus 1.5 hrs each day spent commuting downtown) so now you know why it can take me up to 2 months to complete an order!

Do you do name letters?
No, I don't do name letters. I have done some for friends, but they aren't my strength and I have limited time for painting so I choose to focus on canvas art. If you want to do decorative letters in your space, I suggest you check out my post here or girl inspired here.

Where do you get all of your ideas?
I usually get an idea in my head, then search google and other sites for little ideas and pictures to fill out my inspiration. If I need to draw something, like a horse, I have to look at a picture of one to get the shape right. I also keep a style file of things I come across that inspire me for use at a later time.

Want to know something else? Email me at customnurseryart at gmail.com and I would be happy to answer it!

No comments: