Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lime Green Cross

My latest painting caused quite a stir this weekend. You see, I take my pictures to the UPS store for shipping and one of the guys there entered the incorrect address. Instead of Windflower Place the entered Wandflower Place. The painting was a gift for a shower on Saturday and was supposed to arrive on Friday. When it didn't show up, I did some research. Turns out, there IS a Wandflower in the same zip code and it was delivered and received there.

Well, I did some google searching and located their phone number. Then I called my wonderful Mom, who happens to live close to there, to go repo it! She picked it up at 10 at night on Friday and it was delivered safely for the shower on Saturday morning. I don't know what I would have done if she didn't live close!

Anyway, here is the bedding that inspired the picture:

And here is the finished 18x24"

I really like this once but both The Husband and the Mom were not so sure. They both thought it didn't look "baby" enough and The Husband actually said it didn't look handmade, it looked professional! I thought that was a good thing but I guess not! What do you guys think? I can picture a variation of the design on display in a house, but I think it matches the bedding perfectly and looks great as it is!

1 comment:

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I think if they chose that bedding, they will LOVE the painting. The bedding doesn't particularly look "childish," so I imagine they're not into the whole elephant/fire truck/butterfly thing. I think you did a great job!