Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Champagne Mocktail & Eclair Pie


When it comes to parties and serving food, I am definitely a semi-homemade kind of girl. I have a few things in my repertoire that I do well and I like to stick to them. Here are 2 recipes (if you can even call them that) that I get lots of requests for:

Champagne Mocktail - great for showers or to make a preggo friend that can't drink at your party - or, like my friend C, at her own birthday celebration!
  • Start with a champagne glass, add fresh raspberries to the bottom
  • Pour in 1/3 cranberry juice
  • Top of with Welch's Sparkling - available in the juice aisle at the grocery store
Chocolate Banana Eclair Pie - so simple, yet so amazing!
  • 1 box graham crackers
  • 2 3 oz instant pudding mix - one vanilla and one banana
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 8 0z container of Cool-Whip
  • 1 16 oz container of chocolate frosting
  • line the bottom of a 9x13 pan with graham crackers
  • Combine pudding mix and milk in a large bowl - stir and follow directions on box. Mix in whipped topping and beat with a beater on medium until blended and fluffy
  • Spread half mixture over graham crackers
  • Add another layer of crackers, whipped mix and top with a final layer of crackers
  • Spread chocolate frosting over top and refrigerate until set
Hope you enjoy these simple recipes as much as my friends do!

No comments: