Thursday, July 1, 2010

Show the Ceiling Some Love!

Recently, a friend of mine told me that whenever he paints the walls in a room, he also does the ceiling. Really? I have never painted a ceiling before but I know how messy I am and I just imagine paint dripping all over my head. He said it was easier than worrying about getting paint on the ceiling - just paint over if. Whatever!

That did get me thinking, however, that I have been seeing more and more ceilings painted with accent colors. We decorate the floor with rugs, but I think the ceiling often gets neglected. Here are a few shots to inspire you to pick another paint color (I know, more decisions!) for the ceiling. After all, doesn't Baby look up quite a bit? Why not give him something to smile about!

Stripes - cute but definitely not for beginners!

image from here

Interesting picture molding where the color continues to the ceiling

image from here

Scalloped edges add a super girly touch

image from DecorPad.com

Notice how many of the painted ceilings also have crown molding to separate the 2 colors

by Kristin DeMarco, featured on DesignDazzle

This color reminds me of my favorite Baskin Robins flavor, Daiquiri Ice

image from Younghouselove.com. To learn more about their nursery, click here

No comments: