Friday, March 19, 2010

Re-doing Some Rooms

The Husband and I moved into our first house almost 3 years ago and decorating it has been a slow process. We both have the view that we would rather wait and buy what we really want than furnish cheaply and have to replace it in a few years. Because of that, several rooms in our house have been filled with a mix of new and old college pieces for quite some time. But, that is about to change!

Last weekend we were in Houston for a party and we also stopped by to take a look at some office furniture I had been eyeing. Of course I fell in love with something that had been discontinued and I managed to track down the last floor model in the state at Luis Shanks in HTown. The Husband and I went to see it but ended up liking something else they had even better so we are finally getting office furniture! I can't wait to get everything organized and put up all of our pictures that have been leaning against a wall in the office for 3 years!

While we were there, I also stumbled upon the last piece of furniture for our master bedroom - a dresser to match what we already have - at over 50% off! I had been saving my pennies for this pricey piece but when I saw it for a bargain I knew it was too good to pass up.

The master bedroom collection is Wynterhall from Hooker:


And my bedding is Ralph Laren Langham:


The room has kind of a Texas-Tuscany theme. Of course, The Husband hates matchy matchy so I managed to mix in a few un-coordinated pieces to make him happy.

All that said, I have quite a bit going on around the house at the moment and since we are re-doing the office my computer time will be limited. I promise to be back in a week or so with some pictures and DIY projects from my room makeovers. Feel free to email me but I will be taking a little break from posts so I can get myself organized!

No comments: