Monday, September 28, 2009

Hostess with the Mostess!

My good friend Alana recently sent me this picture of some adorable hostess gifts she made as a thank you for a group of girls throwing her a baby shower. Each one is personalized with the hostess' initials and favorite colors and is ready to hang in the kitchen or even laundry room.



Her crafty project got me thinking about what type of gifts I have given. Its always nice to give the hostess or hostesses a little something to say thank you, but they don't always have to cost a ton of money.

For my bridal shower, I gave this cute thing called "cardshop in a box." I saw it on the home shopping network of all places and ordered 3. It contains 30 handmade-looking gift cards for all occasions. Everyone loved it and it was a very unique gift. I recently saw them on clearance at Hobby Lobby for just $11!




As you probably know, I am a huge fan of Marshalls and TJ Maxx. Their housewares section is a great place to find little gifts, like these adorable dessert plates. Who doesn't love a fun set of party dishes and they always have sets of 4 with different themes that are already packaged.I also love the idea of a vintage-inspired apron. If you are crafty, you can sew one yourself. If not, check out etsy.com, the clearance section of Anthropologie or Marshalls. Since these tend to be in the $20-30 range you may want to use this if there is just one host.
So, do you guys give hostess gifts? If so, what are some of the creative things you have done? How much money do you think is appropriate to spend?

No comments: