Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

I love cupcakes. I don't know what it is about having my own personal bite of goodness but I love them. I make them with cake mix out of the box and substitute applesauce for the oil (to make them heathier) and use Pilsbury frosting from the tub. I am hungry just typing about it. And something I love almost as much as cupcakes is my cupcake tree. I finally caved and bought it one time when I was going to be hosting bookclub. If you don't have one, you must get one. The make such a pretty presentation on the table.

My stand is silver metal, but I saw this DIY version in the Lowe's project magazine and just had to share. They made it using 2 terracotta pots and some terracotta plant plates. I think the color is super fun but the only issue I can see with this version is storing it.


While on the subject of cupcakes, how cute are these felt versions? Perfect for your little girl's tea party.


And if you are not quite craft enough to make your own (or don't have the time a patience!) you can pick up some adorable sweet sets at ChristinaChristina's ETSY shop. She also had felt breakfast, lunch and dinner sets so your little one can play pretend all day!


Hope I didn't just make you cheat on your diet!

No comments: